Sunday 24 February 2019

21 Questions With... Liam Ellis

Name: Liam Ellis
Age: 23
Trafford Apperances: 21
Trafford Goals: 5

Liam Ellis is a quick, young and powerful forward who signed from Mossley in October 2018. Having spent time as a youngster at Manchester City and Oldham, Liam has the potential to be a Trafford legend.

Liam Ellis

1. You haven't actually played many games at this level... do you feel you are getting better, stronger and wiser the more games you get under your belt?
No I haven’t and that’s something I forget at times, this will only be my second full season at this level. I definitely feel I’m improving and getting stronger, you have to be in this league and especially playing up top there are some big centre backs haha. Wiser... ermm getting there, I’m too nice at times on the pitch - need to sort that out. 

2. How did the move to Trafford come about?
Well I wanted to come last season, DC approached me but I was on contract at Mossley so couldn’t go anywhere, few games into this season I just fancied a change so I left Mossley. I had a few teams from our league approach me but after speaking to Tom and DC, I just knew it was a good move and speaking to other people they said the same, pitch is unreal as well.

3. Tom has mentioned on a number of occasions that he believes in your abilities, how big is that for you?
It's massive for me hearing that cos he’s been there and played at a high level so he knows what he’s talking about, confidence is a big thing for me, I’m quite a shy guy so hearing that is good.

4. We've seen one or two departures recently, specifically Burnsy; does that put added pressure on you or give you confidence being the main man now?
Not gunna lie, it does put pressure on me a bit playing in his position and other players cos he was a big part of the team and scored many goals but time for us to step up now, wouldn’t say I’m the main man tbh.

5. The form of the team has dipped in recent weeks, what's the mood like in the dressing room?
Yeah it has and I think it’s shocked us all, we know we’ve got the ability to win games. Also, having lost some big characters, the changing rooms changed a bit but that’s football. It’ll all come good, we just need to stick together.

6. On the otherside, we have seemed to play with a bit more freedom in the cup games this season, would you agree with that and what would you put it down to? 
Definitely agree with that. My best games have probably been in the cup and I’d probably say not as much pressure playing in the cup but now we’re in semi final we definitely want to go and win it.

7. Who, if anyone, has taken over Burnsey's book of fines?
Jack Dorney and he’s worse - he’s on to everyone! 

8. As a player what would you say your strengths are?
Running at players and got a decent cross too.

9. You have played in all three front positions: middle, left and right, where do you prefer to play?
I feel more comfortable out wide but I’m trying to improve my hold up play for when I am down the middle.

10. You and Matty Bryan seem to have all the tools to cause any team problems, do you work on your partnership in training? 
Yeah we do and I thought I was quick till I met him haha we don’t tbh, we’ve hardly played with each other, he’s been LWB for most of the time I’ve been here.

11. Without adding pressure (I think the supporters just want the players to enjoy it and play with freedom), how important is the semi-final to the lads?
It’s very important, who wouldn’t wanna play in a final - the league isn’t going to plan so definitely want to try and get to the final. It’s something to look forward to for the players and fans.

12. You were at Manchester City as a youth player, what was it like being amongst a club like that at that age?
I wasn’t there for long. I was at Oldham for most of my younger years and it was great for me: developed a lot but Oldham let me go because I was too small. Look at size of me now haha.

13. Who do you support yourself?
Man United.

14. Who will be on penalty taking duties now? .
I wouldn’t mind taking them but lew nightingale seems to fancy himself on them 

15. We've recently been trying to come up with a song for yourself. We want you to know that we've got faith in you... what does it mean to the players when we sing their names? 
It’s huge you could be having a bad game but hearing your name being sung can give you a boost, players songs here are class best I’ve heard haha.

16. Do you have any nicknames?
I don’t actually I either get called Ellis or just Liam.

17. Have you ever seen the film 'Young Offenders'?
I personally think you look like the character 'Conor' (Possible future nickname?) 

Funny you say that cos my girlfriend said the same thing it’s gotta be the hair surely and no I don’t want that nick name hahaha.

Liam or Conor form Young Offenders?


18. Who can handle the beer the best on a night out?
Keil 100%, that guy can drink haha.

18. And who can't?
Dec - should of seen him on the Christmas night out haha! Spewing up everywhere the poor lad keil got a few good videos of him as well.

19. Sporting hero?
Cristiano ronaldo what a player.

20. What does Liam Ellis do outside of Trafford FC?
Work on the tarmac, go gym most nights don’t mind a night out either, gotta say spending time with girlfriend as well just in case she reads this.

21. Who are you nominating for the next 21 Questions With?
Loz Taylor 

Cheers Liam... Top lad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.