Friday 2 February 2018

Alternative Away Day

Away Day Report

Bamber Bridge v Trafford

So after my my last away day report from the GNE match (which didn’t include much about the football) I thought I'd let another of the travelling faithful do the report but none has been forthcoming.  So here’s what I can remember...
Once again Saturday started with an early start for Park Run then out the house at 11:30 to get my carry out from Bargain Booze we were due to meet at the Bird for a swift pre journey pint.  Our executive coach was excellent and we were soon underway with the TFCSC committee duly taking up the back seats.
Decision was taken to go straight to the ground as Bamber have a decent clubhouse with a pool table.  On the way into the ground I was pleased to see the snack bar served chips and something called a butter pie – I’d be steering clear of that.
Peroni on draught in the clubhouse – great.  Two rounds of killer pool – Glinks won the first one not sure who won the second.  Some outrageous flukes all round.
Just had time for pepper steak pie and chips before kick off.  We sang the boys on to the pitch then made our way behind the goal that Trafford were attacking.  Lots of new songs tried out – great support from the fans.  Least said about the football the better but the scoreline didn’t stop the fans – some classics such as “Let’s pretend we scored a goal” and when losing 5 – nil “We’re going to win 6 – 5”.
New feature: “The Adventures of Captain Haddock” – he managed to spill a full pint which he has quite a habit of doing and he nearly missed the bus home.
Plenty of songs sung on the coach on the way home – everyone in a good mood despite the terrible result.  Time for one in the Barking Dog and one in Kelder when we got back to Urmston but things started getting hazy.
Walk home and off to bed...
Update: I found out the next morning I had Salmon en croute (cooked by George) when I got home (still have no recollection of that) and I had left my rucksack in Kelder.

Richard Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.