Wednesday 10 January 2018

Alternative Match report Trafford v Ossett.

You may or may not have heard but the supporters club has had a right good old kick up the bum and back into life. As a result, one of the many things planned is to get the website up and running again. Interviews, match reports, away days and player of the month are just some of the things you can expect. So please keep tuning in.
To kick us off is a supporters club report from Saturday's 1 nil win over Ossett.
Saturday January 6th 2018 was a great day in the history of Trafford FC. No only did Jack “he’s Dorney” score a 92nd minute winner against Ossett Albion, thus extending Trafford’s winning streak to four games and unleashing scenes of unbridled joy on the grass bank behind the Pennybridge Lane goal…. (gasp)…. But also, the Trafford FC Supporters Club was resurrected!
But first, the game. I arrived half an hour late due to a family crisis which, as soon as it was looking like not so much of a crisis, I announced “Right then, I’m off to the First point Shawe View Stadium to watch Trafford!”
As I arrived at the turnstile with the first half just ten minutes left to play, TinTin let me in for a fiver! Bonus! I made my way to the Chassen Road End where the Trafford NHS Ultras were gathered. As I walked past the main stand they sparked up a rendition of “Trafford FC, Trafford FC…” which sounded Ace! There was a good gathering behind the Ossett goalkeeper, and he was getting dogs for his timewasting antics.
The consensus amongst the Trafford Faithful was the game was rubbish – Ossett’s tactics seemed to be to limit the damage, with their goalie in particular fiddling with his shinpads, taking a drink, pulling up his socks etc. etc. before taking a kick. The most exciting thing I saw was the Ossett chairman saying hello to Browny, who then told us that he was Gail Platt’s brother – which prompted a sing-song based on the “Viva Ken Barlow” song…..
At half time I dived into the Press Box and stuck my IPod on so we’d have some tunes in the FPSVS at half time (it being very quiet at the last home game); “You could have chosen a better Oasis tune than this one” I was told by Sniffer when “Force of Nature” came on. It was a random playlist….. hope there’s no Macc Lads on it…… phew!
The 2nd half followed the first in many ways, although I believe I saw more Trafford chances this half minutes (not hard – I missed the first 30 minutes of the game!) Mini Mason had a trademark glancing header just wide, and at one point I’m sure we had five strikers on the pitch (Burnsy, Darbo, Keogh, Josh & Deano) although I might be wrong ‘cos I’d managed to get a few pints down me neck by then. It looked like a frustrating 0-0 draw, but then the Magician himself, Jack Dorney, produced an injury time moment of sheer genius to curl the ball into the top corner! The fans on the grass bank spilled forward and embraced our heroes in a huge pitchside melee, and seconds later the whistle went. What a way to win a game – football at it’s very best!
Afterwards, 30-or-so Trafford fans took up residence in the hospitality lounge, and led by Chairman Glinks we gave a re-birth to the Supporters Club – the aims being to keep improving the support, increase the profile of the club, and raise some funds for specific improvements / projects at the Club. Onwards & upwards on that one. We then headed back to the clubhouse for more beers and to continue singing “He’s Dorney, Dorney Dorney Dorney (all night long)” at the tops of our voices!!
(Muggsy)
Cheers Muggsy (New supporters secretary)
Glinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.