Sunday 6 February 2022

21 Questions With... Jack Sloan

Name: Jack Sloan

Age: 19

Position: Full Back

Games: 24

Goals: 0

Jack Sloan


1. How have you settled in during your first season at Trafford?

I’ve settled really well - all the lads have made me feel welcome and the managing team have been great; can’t fault them. I’m really enjoying my football and I can’t ask for much more.
2. What's your footballing background in terms of previous clubs etc?

My previous clubs have been Oldham and Curzon Ashton, I spent most my youth at Curzon and coming up from the u16s through to first team.
3. Two big wins on the bounce now and with a series of home games to come; how big a month do you think it could be in terms of a playoff push?

Two very well deserved wins - the boys have be excellent, but it’s a huge month against the top half of the table but I believe with this group we can pick up some good points and fight for play offs.
4. There have been a few new faces recently including loans and the return of Morgs; how have the new players settled in?

All the lads on loan have settled in really well and are great to have around the dressing room and obviously it’s great to have Morgs back as he has a huge impact on our team, and it’s great to have him play in front of me.
5. And then there has been the news of Keil having some time away from the game, presumably down to injury - how big a blow is that?

It’s a huge blow as he was a great Captain and also another big character around the dressing room but with the squad we have I believe we can still achieve this season, hopefully he will back around soon.
6. We've also got a Manchester Premier Cup semi-final coming up; how much of a priority is that for the players?

It’s a huge priority as it’s the only cup we have left and also not just for us, we want to give something back to the fans for all the amazing support they give, so hopefully we can go all the way.
7. The supporters' club are running a coach for that game, so there should be a few of us making some noise - how big an impact does the support have on yourself?

The fans have a huge impact, when playing and hearing them singing songs about our players and the club, it’s amazing and gives you that boost to go that extra yard and will be a huge impact in the semi final for such a big game.

8. I agree about the cup, getting to a final would be fantastic - how do you view the semi-final; Hyde obviously start out as favourites?

Hyde may be favourite however with the quality we have and the belief in our team I back us to put a strong performance and win the game.
9. Who is the hardest player to mark in training?

The hardest player to mark in training would either be Morgs as he is just so quick and his shooting it unbelievable or Matty B as he is direct and hard to defend.
10. Apart from Shawe View, where's the best ground you've played?

The best stadium I’ve played at apart from Shaw View I would say is Marine, the pitch was decent and also it was a very good game when we went there, although we deserved more.

11. You mentioned the management before, DC seems like someone you'd enjoy playing for but I've heard he's got a side to him you wouldn't want to cross paths with - have you ever been on the end of one of his 'hairdryers'?

Great question😂I personally had one after Widnes away where I just got grilled in the bar after the match which wasn’t fun😂. However he is just passionate and you can’t fault it.
12. Which team that you've faced this season have you been most impressed with?

I think we haven’t had anyone really turn us over all season however, when we played Marine you could see that they had some serious quality so I’m looking forward to next week to play them at home.
13. Who do you support?

I support the best club in Manchester, Manchester City.
14. Favourite ever player?

Favourite ever player has to be David Silva he is incredible. 
15. Do you have any match day superstitions?

No not really however as we go out to warm up I always do short and long passes with Matty B.
16. So Rooney's celebrations after scoring v Market Drayton - what was that about and has he heard the end of it yet? Surely a fine was incurred? haha

I wouldn’t expect anything less from Rooney in a celebration however it has to be a fine. 
17. If and when you score your first goal, how will you celebrate, any cartwheels?

My goal is well overdue hopefully get one soon, but I’ve already had this conversation and said I’ll be doing a huge knee slide for Foxy or the thriller.
18. When asked previously, Neildy (James Neild) was often mentioned as the worst trainer at Trafford, now he's gone, who takes that crown?

The worst trainer -  that’s a hard one but I’d probably say Max as he’s not been training for a while due to injury.
19. Coming up with a song for yourself has proved tricky so far, not much goes with Sloan - Do you have any nicknames to help us out?

The lads call me Sloany but that's the same -  it’s hard to have something to go with, the only other nickname I really have is Bale but that only ever comes from Astley with his awful banter.
20. Outside of football, what do you get up to?

Outside of football I’ve recently started a bit of golf and also don’t mind a night out.
21. Who are you nominating for the next 21 Qs with?

The next person I’m going to nominate is going to be Matty Barlow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.