Wednesday 18 December 2019

21 Questions With... Jordan Johnson

Name: Jordan Johnson
Age: 33
Trafford Appearances: 13
Trafford Goals: 5

Jordan is an experienced forward who signed in July 2019 from Leek Town having scored 92 goals for them in 235 appearances. JJ is a clinical finisher who also has an eye for a goal from dead-ball area's.

Jordan Johnson (or is it Gary Oldman)
Gary Oldman (or is it JJ)



1. You joined us at the start of this season. How would you say you've settled in?
I’m really enjoying it at the club. We’ve got a brilliant group of lads and a very professional management team. Personally, it’s been a frustrating season for me so far. I’ve missed quite a few games through injury and that’s prevented me from playing as often as I would have liked. However, I’d like to think that I’ve settled in well and it’s great to be part of such a talented group of players.

2. What attracted you to Trafford in the first place?
I’ve always enjoyed playing at Trafford, it’s a great club and the pitch is always fantastic. When I was offered the opportunity to sign for this season I didn’t have any second thoughts. I was really impressed with the management team and their philosophy and I’m so pleased that they were interested in a 33 year old coming towards the end of his career. 

3. After a difficult start, results have been much more consistent from the team. What are the aims for the rest of the season?
Yeah, we had a difficult start to the season but you could see our potential. We really have got a brilliant group of players and we all believed that it was only matter of time before we got off the mark. This is a really difficult league with a number of very good sides and the title/play-off race is going to be really competitive. That’s exactly where we want to be though, challenging for promotion!

4. You scored our first goal of the season with a free-kick and another, an absolute worldie, against Pickering. Have you struck a better one that that (Pickering)?
I was really pleased with the free kick against Pickering. And the one against Tadcaster as I hadn’t scored for the whole of pre-season! I did score a free kick in a play-off semi-final a few years ago which I enjoyed but the Pickering goal is definitely one of my favourites. 

5. Without being rude, you are perhaps coming to the twilight years of your career whereas young Lewis Salmon is just starting out. Do you ever give him advice/pointers?
Lewis has been incredible for us this season! He is a fantastic young player with so much potential. He actually trained with us as an under 15/16 when I was at Leek and you could see his quality then. As an experienced player, I try to offer him advice and guidance and I regularly speak to him about our games. I should probably be asking him for advice though as he’s one of the top scorers in the league. 

6. What one piece of advice would you give to an 18 year old you?
You don’t need to go out every week (think of the money that you could save). 

7. Having played on a few non-league pitches; how good is Trafford's?
It’s superb to be fair! There aren’t too many better! We’re lucky to have a surface of that quality all year round. 

8. Worst pitch you've played on?
That’s a tough one! I had some amazing years at Leek but their pitch before it was relayed was very difficult to play on during the winter months! I’ve never had much joy at Spalding in the south east league either. 

9. Any plans to stay in football once you hang up your boots?
I don’t think so at the moment. I love my Sunday’s with my family so I’m really going to enjoy spending the whole weekend with my little boy. 

10. When Matty Cooper nominated you, he referred to you as Sanchez; what's the reason behind the nickname and who has the best/funniest nickname at the club?
Haha, I’m not sure where Sanchez came from. I think it’s a bit of friendly banter. Maybe it’s because of my South American like quality! To be fair, there aren’t too many funny nicknames. Although Keil is definitely one of the funniest lads I’ve ever played with! He has the lads laughing constantly! He’s a top guy! 

11. What other sports you're in to?
I love American Football. I always keep up to date with news from the NFL and I try to watch one of the later games on Sky every Sunday. I also enjoy a bit of Tennis in the summer. 

12. Team you support?
West Ham. 

13. West Ham... how did that happen? You're Welsh aren't you?
Haha, my Dad is a West Ham fan so that’s the reason why I support them. We used to watch them regularly when I was younger in the days of Di Canio, Cole and Carrick. It was brilliant. 

14. Which player did you pretend to be in the playground?
 Joe Cole or David Beckham! They were 2 of my favourite players growing up.
15. The result against Brighouse (and Runcorn too) was tough to take. How do you pick yourselves from something like?
Yeah, really disappointing, especially when we’ve performed well. I think that the togetherness within the group really helps. We try not to dwell on disappointing results and look forward to the next game. We always prepare well and we all want to be in a position where we are challenging for promotion at the end of the season. 

16. There aren't any easy games in this league and another tough test at home to Tadcaster; thoughts ahead of the game?
We were very unlucky at Tadcaster on the opening day of the season. We played really well and probably didn’t deserve to lose the game. We know that it will be very tough, they’re a good side and they produced another good result at the weekend. We’re all looking forward to the game though and we’re hoping that it will be a good day for us. 

17. There is little info on your playing career on the tinternet. Briefly guide us through it please.
I’ve played at quite a few clubs now. I started in the semi-professional game at Leek Town and then signed for Newcastle Town. I’ve then played at AFC Telford (briefly), Northwich Victoria, Airbus UK, Kidsgrove, Leek again and now Trafford. 

18. How many years are left in the old legs?
I’m hoping a few yet. It would be nice to play for at least another season. 

19. Biggest achievement in football?
My biggest achievement is definitely playing for the BVI national team in World Cup qualifiers and the Nations league. I actually scored on my debut in a World Cup qualifier so that was an amazing experience. I feel very fortunate to have had those opportunities. I scored for Airbus in the Europa league as well which was another really good experience. 

20. And disappointment?
I’ve been involved in 2 play-off final defeats which were really disappointing days.

21. Who are you nominating next?
Let’s go for my good mate Ross Davidson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.