Sunday 24 March 2019

21 Questions With... Lozzy T

Name: Laurence Taylor
Age: 22
Debut: 20th January 2017 v Brighouse Town
Trafford Appearances: 34
Trafford Goals: 0


Laurence Taylor or Lozzy T, is a 22 year old central midfielder who has previously played for Altrincham. Another fans favourite, Lozzy reads the game well and he'll NEVER give the ball awaaaaaay!

Lozzy T

1. With all the recent changes, do you now feel like a senior member of the squad?
Yeah I suppose so, now I’m one of the longer standing players in the squad.

2. There are a lot of young players in the now; what have they brought to the team?
I’d say for this time in the season it’s added that bit of extra energy throughout the team.

3. Your own time at Trafford has been marred by injuries. How frustrating has that been?
Very frustrating as it feels like this season I’ve barely played, in comparison to when I came last year I was available and playing most games.

4. You were loaned out to Cheadle earlier in the season to help get your fitness back. What was your time there like?
Good, it gave me a chance to get some full game time again and I even managed to get a rare goal. 

5. You have the coolest dad in non-league. How important is it having him support you by being at every game?
It is important, I can probably count on one hand the amount of games he’s missed since I started playing. He’s been up and down the country watching me and even when I’m not playing he’ll still be there in his sunglasses whatever the weather. 

6. Is he ever critical of your game?
Yes. He definitely knows how to get a reaction and usually a response in the next game. 

7. Obviously everyone must be disappointed with how the season has gone in the league up to this point, but what are the expectations and thoughts for the remainder of the season?
Yeah it’s disappointing but the aim always remains the same, which is to try and win every game. So that’s the mentality we’ll have until the end. 

8. You have a couple of songs in your honour: 'What's for tea, Lozzy T' and 'He never gives the ball away'. Which is your favourite?
I think I’ve done well to get the two songs, any time you hear the fans singing is a boost whilst on the pitch. But the favourite is definitely 'never gives the ball away'. 

9. You came to Trafford from Altrincham. What was your footballing career before that; were you at Alty long?
I was playing Sunday league before joining Alty at 16 in the youth team, then progressed to the reserves at 18, then made my debut for the first team the season after.  

10. Which is the best team you've come up against or seen in our league over the last couple of seasons?
I’d say Scarborough from memory, they’re the toughest team I’ve played against in the league for Trafford.

11. There is going to be another top turnout for the league cup final. How much are you and the lads looking forward to it?
If it’s anything like the cup final turnout we had last year it’ll be quality. All of us are really looking forward to the challenge as we’ve got nothing to lose. 

12. Who is the new king of speed now Matty Bryan has left?
I think that’d have to be decided in a race between Liam, Daz and Kamar. 

13. Who do you think would make the best manager out of the current playing squad?
Sam Egerton 

14. What's been your most memorable game and why?
Probably Colwyn Bay away last year. I think it was our 3rd game in 5 days and was probably one of my best performances for Trafford. 

15. What are your personal goals for next season?
To play as much as possible & improve my overall game in general. 

16. Who is scarier: Tom B or DC?
Depends what I’ve done wrong!

17. Which team do you support?
United. 

18. Sporting hero’s?
Jamaican bobsleigh team.

19. At the friendly against Cheadle, Darbo wanted to put forward a question: who has the best looking girlfriend at the club (can't say your own)? *for the record, Darbo said Keil's was ‘alright’
...
(We take it that means no comment hahaha!)

20. I've got to ask: Lozzy T, what's for tea?
Rice and peas with some sort of chicken usually.  

21. Who are you nominating for the next 21 questions with?
Gotta be Keil.

Top man Lozzy T, and whilst Kelly O'Brien has already done a 21 Questions With, it's been a while; in fact, Keil was our first ever 21 Q's With, so it'll be good to go again. Can't wait Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.