Sunday 11 January 2015

A Thank You...

In the wake of yesterdays news of Garry Vaughan and Wayne Goodison leaving Trafford FC, I felt compelled to post about it.
I don't know the ins and outs of what happened and right now that is not my concern. The fact of the matter is its happened. Whilst from the outside it may not be such a shock, considering our league position, to those who follow Trafford, yesterdays announcement came as a massive surprise... it still feels very surreal!

As chairman of Trafford FC Supporters club I would just like to thank both Garry Vaughan and Wayne Goodison for their time, hardwork and efforts. We have seen some great football in the last few years and enjoyed memories that us supporters will never forget... I mean, the mighty Trafford in the Premier League... who would have thought?!

I am by no means best mates with either Garry or Wayne but I have often spoke to both and I know how much they cared about our club. Wayne was very supportive in helping us get the supporters club up and running so a massive thank you to you.

Garry, well what can I say... non-league referee's will probably enjoy the break from your constant 'advice' to them... But seriously, we enjoyed watching you wear your heart on your sleeve and the kind of football you had us playing. So thank you.

No doubt they'll be involved managing another team soon, but as a Trafford fan I hope they leave our players alone ;-) otherwise, all the best for the future guys.

As mentioned, I'm a TRAFFORD fan and I will continue to support the team. It is a difficult time for the club but we have some quality players and if we can find a manager that can build on the foundations laid by Vaughany and Goodie then I am sure we will see more success in the future. I hope the players that remain still play for the shirt and try and turn things around.

This is a new chapter in our short history, starting with 3 points in our next game please!!!!

Andy Glinka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.